Are you planning a trip to Vietnam but wondering how to obtain a visa from Japan? Worry no more as we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll walk you through the process of obtaining a Vietnam visa from Japan. We’ll also highlight the requirements and tips for a hassle-free application process.
Why You Need a Visa to Vietnam
Vietnam requires all foreign nationals to have a valid visa before entering the country. A visa allows you to stay in Vietnam for a specified period and engage in activities such as tourism, business, or study.
Types of Vietnam Visas
There are several types of Vietnam visas available, depending on the purpose of your visit. They include:
- Tourist Visa – This type of visa is suitable for travelers visiting Vietnam for tourism purposes. It’s valid for 30 days and can be extended for an additional 30 days.
- Business Visa – If you’re traveling to Vietnam for business purposes, you need a business visa. It’s valid for up to six months and can be renewed for an additional three months.
- Student Visa – Students who want to study in Vietnam require a student visa. It’s valid for the duration of the course of study.
- Transit Visa – If you’re transiting through Vietnam en route to another destination, you need a transit visa. It’s valid for up to five days.
The Requirements for Obtaining a Vietnam Visa from Japan
To obtain a Vietnam visa from Japan, you need to meet the following requirements:
- A valid passport with at least six months of validity remaining.
- A completed visa application form. You can download the form from the website of the Vietnamese Embassy in Japan or obtain it in person from the embassy.
- Two passport-sized photos.
- Payment of the visa fee.
Follow these steps to apply for a Vietnam visa from Japan:
- Complete the visa application form and attach your passport-sized photos.
- Submit the completed form, photos, and payment to the Vietnamese Embassy in Japan. You can either submit in person or by mail.
- Wait for the processing of your visa application. You’ll receive your visa by mail if you submitted your application through the post.
- Upon arrival in Vietnam, present your visa and passport to immigration officials for verification.
Tips for a Hassle-Free Visa Application Process
Here are some tips to ensure a smooth visa application process:
- Apply for your visa well in advance to avoid any delays or complications.
- Ensure that you have all the required documents before submitting your application.
- Fill out the application form carefully and accurately to avoid any errors or mistakes.
- Pay the visa fee using the accepted payment methods.
- Follow up on your application status to know when to expect your visa.
How Long Does It Take to Process a Vietnam Visa?
The processing time for a Vietnam visa varies depending on the type of visa and the method of application. It typically takes three to five working days to process a visa application submitted in person at the Vietnamese Embassy in Japan. If you submitted your application by mail, it may take up to ten working days to process.
Can I Get a Vietnam Visa on Arrival?
Yes, you can obtain a Vietnam visa on arrival if you’re traveling by air. However, you must have pre-arranged a visa approval letter from a travel agency or tour company in Vietnam. You’ll need to present the approval letter, passport, and photos to immigration officials upon arrival.
How Much Does a Vietnam Visa Cost?
The cost of a Vietnam visa varies depending on the type of visa and the processing method. As of 2021, a single-entry tourist or business visa costs JPY 8,800 (approximately USD 80), while a multiple-entry visa costs JPY 16,600 (approximately USD 150).
What Is the Validity of a Vietnam Visa?
The validity of a Vietnam visa depends on the type of visa issued. A tourist visa is valid for 30 days, while a business visa is valid for up to six months. A student visa is valid for the duration of the course of study.
Obtaining a Vietnam visa from Japan is a straightforward process as long as you meet all the requirements and follow the application process carefully. With this guide, you’re now equipped with all the information you need to obtain a Vietnam visa from Japan. Remember to apply for your visa well in advance to avoid any delays or complications.
- Can I apply for a Vietnam visa online?
No, you cannot apply for a Vietnam visa online if you’re a Japanese national. You must submit your visa application in person or by mail to the Vietnamese Embassy in Japan.
- What is the best time to apply for a Vietnam visa?
It’s advisable to apply for your Vietnam visa at least two weeks before your departure date to allow for processing and delivery.
- Do I need a visa if I’m only transiting through Vietnam?
If you’re transiting through Vietnam without leaving the airport, you don’t need a visa. However, if you plan to leave the airport for any reason, you’ll need a transit visa.
- Can I extend my Vietnam visa while in the country?
Yes, you can extend your Vietnam visa while in the country. You’ll need to apply for an extension at the immigration office or through a travel agency.
- What should I do if my Vietnam visa application is rejected?
If your Vietnam visa application is rejected, you can reapply with additional documents or appeal the decision. You can also seek the assistance of a travel agency or immigration lawyer.