The Vietnam Embassy in the United States is located in Washington D.C. and is the official representative of the Vietnamese government in the United States. It provides a range of services to Vietnamese citizens living in the United States as well as U.S. citizens who are traveling to Vietnam. Some of the services provided by the embassy include:
- Issuing visas to U.S. citizens who are traveling to Vietnam
- Providing consular assistance to Vietnamese citizens living in the United States
- Promoting trade and cultural relations between Vietnam and the United States
- Assisting with legal matters involving Vietnamese citizens in the United States
Does Vietnam Have an Embassy in the United States?
Yes, Vietnam has an embassy in the United States. The embassy is located at 1233 20th Street NW, Suite 400, Washington, D.C. 20036. You can contact the embassy by phone at (202) 861-0737 or by email at email@example.com.
How to Get Your Vietnam Visa in the United States
There are two ways to get your Vietnam visa if you’re a U.S. citizen traveling to Vietnam:
1. Apply for a Vietnam Visa Online
One way to get your Vietnam visa is to apply for it online. This method is convenient because you can do it from anywhere and you don’t have to go to the embassy in person. Here’s how to apply for your Vietnam visa online:
- Go to the Vietnam e-Visa website
- Fill out the application form with your personal and travel details.
- Upload a passport photo and a scanned copy of your passport.
- Pay the visa fee online.
- Wait for your visa approval letter to be sent to you via email within 3 business days.
- Print out the visa approval letter and bring it with you to Vietnam.
2. Apply for Your Vietnam Visa at the Embassy in Washington, D.C.
Another way to get your Vietnam visa is to apply for it in person at the Vietnam Embassy in Washington, D.C. Here’s what you need to do:
- Download and fill out the visa application form from the embassy’s website
- Prepare two passport-sized photos.
- Bring your passport and visa application form to the embassy in person.
- Pay the visa fee (the fee varies depending on the type of visa you’re applying for).
- Wait for your visa to be processed (it usually takes 3-5 business days).
Types of Vietnam Visas
There are several types of visas you can get if you’re traveling to Vietnam from the United States. Here are some of the most common types of visas:
- Tourist visa: This is a single-entry visa that allows you to stay in Vietnam for up to 30 days.
- Business visa: This is a multiple-entry visa that allows you to stay in Vietnam for up to one year.
- Student visa: This is a multiple-entry visa that allows you to study in Vietnam for up to one year.
Traveling to Vietnam from the United States requires a visa, which can be obtained either online or in person at the Vietnam Embassy in Washington, D.C. There are several types of visas available, depending on your purpose of travel. By following the steps outlined in this article, you should be able to get your Vietnam visa with ease.
- How long does it take to get a Vietnam visa if I apply online? It takes around 3 business days to receive your visa approval letter via email.
- Can I extend my visa while in Vietnam? Yes, you can extend your visa by visiting the Vietnam Immigration Department in Vietnam.
- Do I need a visa if I’m only transiting through Vietnam? No, if you’re transiting through Vietnam and staying for less than 24 hours, you don’t need a visa.
- Can I use my Vietnam visa more than once? It depends on the type of visa you have. Tourist visas are single-entry, while business and student visas are multiple-entry.
- What is the cost of a Vietnam visa? The cost of a Vietnam visadepends on the type of visa you’re applying for and how long you plan to stay in Vietnam. It can range from $25-$135 for a single-entry tourist visa, up to $275 for a multiple-entry business visa.
Embassy of Vietnam in Washington DC, United States
Address: 1233, 20th St., NW, Suite 400, Washington DC, 20036, USA
Phone: (1-202) 861 073
Fax: 1-202) 861 0917
Visa Section of the Embassy
Opening hours: 9:30 — 12:30 Monday through Friday.
Phone: (202) 861- 2293, (202) 861- 0694 and (202) 861- 0737 ext. 221, 222, 236, 237 during 10:00 — 12:00 AM and 2:30 — 5:30 PM Monday through Friday
Fax: (202) 861- 1297 and (202) 861- 0917
Consulate General of Vietnam in San Francisco, United States
Address: 1700 California St, Suite 430 San Francisco, CA 94109
Phone: (1415) 922 1577
Fax: (1415) 922 1848