1 application form for visa exemption – 2 passport sized photos of 4×6 cm or 2×2 inches – Foreign passport: an original and a photocopy…
- Vietnamese overseas residing in the US and do not have Vietnam passport
- Americans who is spouse or children of a Vietnam passport-holder or overseas Vietnamese
The maximum period of exemption is 5 years and must be 6 month shorter than the validity of the current valid passport. During the exemption period, the person can travel in and out of the country without a tourist visa.
How to Apply:
You can apply to Embassy/ Consulate directly by mail or in person. If you apply for Vietnam visa by mail, please submit along with your application a pre-paid postal envelop with tracking information such as USPS priority or Fedex. After preparing relevant documents, you can send all to:
- Embassy Address: 1233 20th Street, NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20036.
- Consulate Address: Consulate Address: 1700 California St., Suite 430 San Francisco, CA 94109
Requirements for Vietnamese Overseas:
- 1 visa exemption application form (mienthithucvk.mofa.gov.vn/Đăngký/Khaibáotrựctuyến/tabid/104/VE4NCommand/registration/Default.aspx) – Current passport in use, Re-entry permit or green card: an original and a photocopy
- 2 passport sized photos 2×2 inches or 4×6 cm
- Proof of identity that you are an overseas Vietnamese: the original version and a photocopy version. They can be permitted to come back to Vietnam, or Certification of Vietnamese nationality, or Certification that you lost Vietnamese nationalities, or Birth Certificate, or expired Vietnam passport, or Vietnam ID card.
- You can replace with a letter of Guarantee from Vietnamese association abroad, or from a Vietnam relative in case you cannot provide any of the above mentioned proof of Vietnamese identity, consist of proof of Vietnamese identity of those who issue the letter.
Requirement for foreigners:
- 1 application form for visa exemption
- 2 passport sized photos of 4×6 cm or 2×2 inches
- Foreign passport: an original and a photocopy
- Proof of ties to Vietnam (an original copy and a photocopy version): birth certificate, marriage certificate, certification of family relationship, decision about adopting a Vietnamese child
Fee: $20 for the first time and $10 thereafter, by cash to “Embassy of Vietnam”. (please contact the Vietnamese Embassy directly for the most up to date fee before making payment).
Process time: 7 days