Are you planning to visit Vietnam visa from Jordan, for business or other purposes? If so, you need to obtain a Vietnam visa before your travel. In this article, we will guide you step-by-step on how to get Vietnam visa from Jordan.
1. Determine the type of Vietnam visa you need
Vietnam offers various types of visas based on the purpose and length of your visit. The most common types of Vietnam visas are:
- Tourist visa: valid for up to 3 months, for tourism purposes only.
- Business visa: valid for up to 1 year, for business or work purposes.
- Transit visa: valid for up to 5 days, for travelers transiting through Vietnam.
- Work permit: required for foreigners working in Vietnam.
Make sure to determine the type of visa you need before applying.
2. Check if you are eligible for a Vietnam visa exemption
As a Vietnamese citizen, you may be eligible for a visa exemption depending on your destination, duration of stay, and purpose of travel. Vietnam has visa exemptions with several countries, including some Arab nations. Check if you are eligible for a visa exemption before applying for a visa.
3. Apply for Vietnam visa online
To apply for a Vietnam visa from Jordan, you can apply online through the official website of Vietnam Immigration Department. Follow these steps:
- Fill in the application form with accurate information.
- Pay the visa processing fee using your credit card or PayPal account.
- Receive the visa approval letter via email after 2-3 business days.
- Print out the visa approval letter and bring it with you to Vietnam.
- Upon arrival at the airport, show the visa approval letter, your passport, and two passport-sized photos to the immigration officer.
- Pay the stamping fee and get your visa stamped on your passport.
4. Apply for Vietnam visa at the embassy
If you prefer to apply for a Vietnam visa in person, you can visit the Embassy of Vietnam in Jordan. Here are the steps:
- Download and fill out the visa application form.
- Prepare your original passport with at least 6 months of validity and two blank pages.
- Prepare two passport-sized photos taken within the last 6 months.
- Prepare the visa processing fee in cash or money order.
- Submit your application and supporting documents to the embassy during their business hours.
- Wait for 5-7 business days to receive your visa.
5. Other things to consider
- Make sure to apply for a Vietnam visa at least 1-2 weeks before your travel date.
- Double-check the accuracy of your personal information before submitting the application.
- If you have any questions or issues regarding your Vietnam visa application, contact the Vietnam Immigration Department or the Vietnamese embassy in Jordan.
With these steps, you should be able to successfully obtain your Vietnam visa from Jordan!
Tips for Immediate Vietnam Visa from Jordan
Jordanian citizens are not eligible for visa-free entry into Vietnam. However, there are two options for obtaining a visa for Vietnam from Jordan:
- Apply for a visa on arrival (VOA). This is the most convenient option for most travelers, as it can be done online and does not require sending your passport to the Vietnamese embassy. However, VOAs are only valid for up to 30 days and are not available for all nationalities.
- Apply for a visa at the Vietnamese embassy in Jordan. This is a more traditional option, but it can be more time-consuming and expensive.
Tips for Applying for a VOA
If you are applying for a VOA, you will need to:
- Complete an online application form. You can find the application form on the website of the Vietnamese Immigration Department.
- Pay the visa fee. The visa fee for Jordanian citizens is $25.
- Print your visa approval letter. Once you have paid the visa fee, you will be able to print your visa approval letter.
- Present your visa approval letter, passport, and two passport-sized photos upon arrival in Vietnam. You will then be issued a visa at the airport.
Tips for Applying for a Visa at the Embassy
If you are applying for a visa at the embassy, you will need to:
- Collect the required documents. The required documents include your passport, two passport-sized photos, a visa application form, and a letter of invitation from a Vietnamese sponsor.
- Submit your application to the embassy. You can submit your application in person or by mail.
- Pay the visa fee. The visa fee for Jordanian citizens is $50.
- Pick up your visa once it has been processed. The processing time for visas at the embassy is typically 3-5 business days.
- Start the visa application process well in advance of your trip. This will give you plenty of time to collect the required documents and submit your application.
- Check the website of the Vietnamese Immigration Department for the most up-to-date information on visa requirements.
- If you have any questions, contact the Vietnamese embassy in Jordan.
Additional Tips for Traveling to Vietnam from Jordan
- Make sure your passport is valid for at least six months after your planned date of departure from Vietnam.
- Purchase travel insurance. This will help to protect you in case of medical emergencies or other unforeseen events.
- Pack for all types of weather. Vietnam has a tropical climate, so you can expect hot and humid weather year-round. However, it can also get cold in the mountains.
- Learn a few basic phrases in Vietnamese. This will help you to communicate with the locals.
- Be sure to bargain when shopping. Prices in Vietnam are often negotiable.
- Be respectful of the local culture. Dress modestly and avoid public displays of affection.
Frequently Asked Questions about Obtaining a Vietnam Visa from Jordan
Q: Do I need a visa to visit Vietnam from Jordan?
A: Yes, Jordanian passport holders are required to obtain a visa to visit Vietnam. There are two options for obtaining a visa: visa on arrival (VOA) or a visa in advance.
Q: What is the difference between a VOA and a visa in advance?
A: A VOA is a visa that is issued upon arrival at an international airport in Vietnam. A visa in advance is a visa that is obtained from the Vietnamese Embassy in Jordan before you travel.
Q: Which type of visa should I apply for?
A: The type of visa you need to apply for depends on the purpose of your trip to Vietnam and the length of your stay. If you are a tourist and you plan to stay in Vietnam for no more than 30 days, you can apply for a VOA. If you are planning to stay in Vietnam for longer than 30 days, or if you are traveling for business or other purposes, you will need to apply for a visa in advance.
VOA Application Process
Q: How do I apply for a VOA?
A: To apply for a VOA, you will need to complete an online application form and submit the following documents:
- A passport-sized photograph
- A copy of your passport
- A visa application fee
Q: How long does it take to process a VOA application?
A: VOA applications are typically processed within 24-48 hours. However, during peak travel season, processing times may be longer.
Q: Where can I get my VOA?
A: You can obtain your VOA at the following international airports in Vietnam:
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (SGN)
- Noi Bai International Airport (HAN)
- Da Nang International Airport (DAD)
- Cam Ranh International Airport (CJR)
Q: What do I need to do to get my VOA stamped?
A: Once you have arrived at the airport, you will need to proceed to the VOA counter. Present your VOA approval letter and your passport to the immigration officer. They will stamp your passport with a visa valid for 30 days.
Visa in Advance Application Process
Q: How do I apply for a visa in advance?
A: To apply for a visa in advance, you will need to complete an application form and submit the following documents:
- A passport-sized photograph
- A copy of your passport
- A visa application fee
- A letter of invitation from a Vietnamese company or organization (if applicable)
- A copy of your flight itinerary
Q: How long does it take to process a visa in advance application?
A: Visa in advance applications are typically processed within 1-2 weeks.
Q: Where can I submit my visa in advance application?
A: You can submit your visa in advance application at the Vietnamese Embassy in Jordan.
Q: Do I need to have a visa to transit through Vietnam?
A: If you are transiting through Vietnam for less than 24 hours and you are not planning to leave the transit area of the airport, you do not need a visa. However, if you plan to leave the transit area of the airport, you will need to obtain a visa in advance.
Q: What are the fees for a VOA and a visa in advance?
A: The fees for a VOA and a visa in advance are as follows:
- VOA: US$25
- Visa in advance: Single entry: US$50; Multiple entry: US$95
Q: What is the currency in Vietnam?
A: The currency in Vietnam is the Vietnamese dong (VND).
Q: What is the weather like in Vietnam?
A: Vietnam has a tropical climate. The weather varies depending on the region and the time of year. In general, the north of Vietnam is cooler than the south. The best time to visit Vietnam is during the dry season, which is from November to April.
Q: What is the language spoken in Vietnam?
A: The official language of Vietnam is Vietnamese. However, English is spoken in some tourist areas.