U.S passport is considered to offer 1 in the top most powerful passports when it comes to visa-free travel, with access to 185 destinations. There also many countries that U.S Citizens Need to apply visa to enter. What are they?
As a normal rule, entering any countries all requires you a visa, especially when living for a long period of time.
Thanks to the powerful passport, U.S. citizens can travel as short-term tourists to many countries such as Canada, Mexico and the European Union (EU) countries without needing a visa.
However, for both short-term and long-term period of living in these 5 countries, U.S citizens are required tourist visa.
What are 5 Countries that U.S Citizens Need to apply visa?
U.S. citizens need to hold proper documentation, including a visa, upon landing in Brazil if they don’t want authorities to deny their entry.
If you are U.S citizens, you can apply for a visa at the Brazilian Embassy or on Brazil’s electronic visa website before leaving home.
There are many things that U.S citizens need to know upon entering Brazil:
- Filling out an immigration form that will be handed back to them by officials.
- You need this form to leave the country.
- If you lose immigration form, you could be detained by police and owe a fine. The cost for U.S. citizens to obtain a visa to Brazil is $160.
In fact, U.S citizens can enter Hong Kong without a visa, but if they plan to visit China’s mainland from U.S or from Hong Kong, they must apply for an entry visa through the Chinese Embassy or Consulate-General.
We advise that visitors must apply approximately one month before their trip; they will not be granted a visa at the port of entry. Cost for a single entry visa is $140.
A travel visa is required for any U.S. citizen traveling to India, this visas may stay up to six months from the day they enter.
However, you must remember that requirements for an Indian visa will change frequently and often without notice, so the best way is checking the latest information from the Indian Embassy website before your trip.
Applying a six-month entry will take you $67.70, while a five-to-ten years multiple entry visa is $157.70.
The U.S. Embassy website tells that, Russia has a very strict and complicated visa system regarding foreign nationals entering the country.
Not only must American citizens have a visa to enter the country, but if it expires before they leave, they may be stranded in the country for up to 20 days.
There are many nuances to obtaining a Russian visa, including needing a Russian sponsor, which could be a travel company, relative or friend, hotel or university.
However, there are also places in Russia where Americans are not permitted to go. It is best to book travel through a known travel company that can grant sponsorship and help you navigate the visa system.
The cost for Russian visas changes often as well, but as of July 20, 2019, it starts at $49 plus processing fees.
Thanks to the beautiful landscapes, delicious food, and hospitable locals, Vietnam has become one of the most popular Asian countries for U.S. tourists.
This country supplies U.S citizens more types of visa besides 1-month visa, such as 3 months, 6 months and 1 year.
There are 2 ways to apply for a Vietnam visa: Applying at Vietnam Embassy in the U.S. or applying for a Vietnam visa on Arrival.
An alternative is a written approval letter gotten through a travel agency prior to departure for Vietnam that allows travelers to get a Visa on Arrival (VOA).
Be wary of unscrupulous travel companies, which have been charging very high fees for these visas.
The U.S. Embassy also warns travelers that Vietnam has both a visa fee and a visa-processing fee, and sometimes it varies from person to person.
For current fees, email the Vietnamese Embassy through its website.
Apply for visa at Vietnam Embassy in U.S.
In this way, visitors have to go to the Vietnam Embassy in U.S. and apply for the Visa there. For both U.S. passport and other country’s passport, visitors need to come to the embassy 2 times: one for applying and one for picking the visa up.
For your convenience, we would like to give you the contact information of the Vietnam Embassy in U.S. as below:
a. Vietnam Embassy in Washington D.C
- Address: No. 1233, 20th Street Northwest, Washington, DC
- Hours of operation: Embassy: Mon – Fri, 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM & 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Consulate: Mon – Fri, 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM & 2:00 PM to 4:30 PM
- Tel: (+1) 202 861 0737
- Consular emergency: (+1) 202 716 8666
- Fax: (+1) 202 861 0917
- Email: email@example.com (general information)/ firstname.lastname@example.org (consular affairs)
b. Consulate General of Vietnam in San Francisco
- Address: No. 1700 California Street, San Francisco, California
- Tel: (+1) 415 922 1577 | (+1) 415 922 1707
- Fax: (+1) 415 922 1848 | (+1) 415 922 1757
- Email: email@example.com
c. Consulate General of Vietnam in Houston
- Address: No. 5251 Westheimer Road, Houston, Texas
- Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
- Tel: (+1) 713 850 1233 | (+1) 713 840 0096
- Fax: (+1) 713 840 0159 | (+1) 713 871 0312
d. Consulate General of Vietnam in New York
- Address: 866 United Nations Plaza, New York, New York
- Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, from 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
- Tel: (+1) 212 644 2535 | (+1) 212 644 0831
- Fax: (+1) 212 644 5732
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com
Applying for Vietnam visa on arrival
Foreigners in general and U.S. passport holders, in particular, can apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival in Canada or any country, no matter where you are, because this type of visa can be applied online.
To apply for Vietnam visa, you just need to follow 3 simple steps below:
- STEP 1: FILLING OUT THE SECURE APPLY VIETNAM VISA FROM ONLINE with your information including Full name, Date of birth, Passport number, Nationality, Date of arrival, Vietnam visa length.
- STEP 2: GETTING THE CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT REQUIREMENTS double check your information and make a payment with a list of payment methods we accept and fill in the secure payment page for our visa service fee.
- STEP 3: RECEIVING YOUR APPROVAL LETTER AND INSTRUCTIONS TO GET YOUR VISA STAMPED We shall automatically process the approval letter and give the result back to your contact’s email on the bookings as processing time.
Vietnam VISA exemption for United States citizens
In general, United States citizens are granted no VISA exemption for visiting Vietnam. Even though, there is a Vietnam VISA exemption for all nationalities to visit Phu Quoc Island.
Since 2005, Phu Quoc Island has been classified as a Special Economic Zone and foreigners, including United States citizens, are eligible for a 30-day VISA exemption.
Here are the criteria for United States passport holders to benefit Phu Quoc Island VISA exemption:
- Your passport must not expire within 6 months counted from your date of arrival in Phu Quoc Island.
- You have a ticket to leave Phu Quoc Island to an international destination within 30 days from the day you arrived, whether via a cruise ship or a flight (that means you don’t have to fly directly to Phu Quoc but transit through one of Vietnam International Airports provided that Phu Quoc is your final destination).
- You will leave Phu Quoc Island within 30 days and the onward destination is not within Vietnam territory.
- You must not be on INTERPOL’s wanted persons’ list nor haven’t been previously extradited from Vietnam.
ww.VisaOnlineVietnam.com is operated by VIETNAM VISA SERVICE., Co. LTD VIETNAM with more than 18-years experience in visa service and 20-year in the traveling arrangement.
This website was set up to offer visa applicants the most convenient but cheapest services that meet the criteria of Quality, Safe and Secure; Reliability, Prompt Responses, Competitive Prices, and Customer-Focused Approach; save your time & money; Money-back guarantees for declined applications.
In case there are any question, please do not hesitate to contact us at
- Hotline: +84 968 18 77 18
- WhatsApp: +84 – 982 879718
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/visaonlinevietnamcom