Are you planning a visit to Vietnam visa from Nigeria and wondering how to obtain a visa? Look no further! In this article, we will guide you through the process of obtaining your Vietnam visa hassle-free. We will cover the different types of visas available, the requirements for each visa, and provide step-by-step instructions on how to apply.
Types of visas available for Nigerians to enter Vietnam
There are two types of visas that Nigerian citizens can apply for to enter Vietnam:
- Tourist visa: This type of visa is suitable for people who plan to travel to Vietnam for tourism purposes such as sightseeing, visiting friends, or attending events. The tourist visa has a validity period of 30 days and can be extended once you’re in Vietnam.
- Business visa: This type of visa is suitable for people who plan to travel to Vietnam for business purposes such as attending meetings, conferences, or seminars. The business visa has a validity period of one month to one year, depending on your needs.
Requirements for obtaining Vietnam visa from Nigeria
To obtain a Vietnam visa from Nigeria, you need to meet the following requirements:
- A valid Nigerian passport with at least six months’ validity remaining.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs (4cm x 6cm).
- A completed visa application form (you can download it from the Vietnamese embassy website).
- Visa fee payment (the fee varies depending on the type of visa you are applying for).
- A pre-approval letter (only required for visa on arrival applications).
There are two ways to apply for your Vietnam visa from Nigeria:
- Embassy application: You can apply for your visa directly at the Vietnamese embassy in Abuja or Lagos. To do this, you will need to prepare all the necessary documents, pay the visa fee, and submit your application in person.
- Visa on arrival: This is a more convenient option for those who don’t want to visit the embassy in person. To apply for a visa on arrival, you will need to obtain a pre-approval letter from a reputable travel agency. Once you have this letter, you can arrive at any of Vietnam’s international airports and have your visa stamped upon arrival.
Step-by-step guide to applying for a Vietnam visa from Nigeria
- Download the visa application form from the Vietnamese embassy website.
- Fill out the application form and affix your passport-sized photographs.
- Gather all necessary documents, including your Nigerian passport, and make sure they are valid and up-to-date.
- Visit the Vietnamese embassy in Abuja or Lagos during business hours and submit your application.
- Pay the visa fee and wait for your visa to be processed.
Visa on arrival
- Contact a reputable travel agency and request a pre-approval letter for your visa.
- Provide the agency with all necessary information, including your name, date of birth, nationality, and intended date of entry.
- Wait for the agency to process your application and send you the pre-approval letter via email.
- Print out the pre-approval letter and bring it with you to Vietnam.
- Upon arrival at any of Vietnam’s international airports, proceed to the visa on arrival desk and hand over your pre-approval letter, along with your passport and two passport-sized photographs.
- Pay the visa stamping fee and wait for your visa to be stamped.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can I obtain a Vietnam visa online?
Yes, you can apply for a visa on arrival by obtaining a pre-approval letter from a reputable travel agency.
- What is the validity period for a tourist visa?
The tourist visa has a validity period of 30 days and can be extended once you’re in Vietnam.
- How long does it take to process a Vietnam visa application?
It takes approximately three to five working days to process a Vietnam visa application.
- Can I extend my visa while in Vietnam?
Yes, you can extend your visa once you’re in Vietnam by contacting the Vietnam Immigration Department.
- What is the cost of a Vietnam visa for Nigerians?
The cost of a Vietnam visa for Nigerians varies depending on the type of visa you are applying for. It’s best to check with the Vietnamese embassy or a reputable travel agency for the latest fee information.