If you’re planning a trip to Vietnam and you’re an Estonian citizen, you’ll need to obtain a visa beforehand. It can be daunting to navigate the process of obtaining a visa, but it doesn’t have to be. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps on how to get a Vietnam visa from Estonia.
1. Determine the Type of Visa You Need
The first thing you need to determine when applying for a Vietnamese visa is the type of visa you need. Vietnam offers several types of visas, such as tourist visas, business visas, and work visas. Depending on the purpose of your visit, you’ll need to apply for the appropriate visa type.
Tourist visas are the most common type of visa for visitors to Vietnam. They are issued for single or multiple entries and are valid for up to three months. Business visas are for those who are traveling to Vietnam for business purposes, while work visas are issued to those who will be working in Vietnam.
2. Choose the Method of Application
Once you’ve determined the type of visa you need, you’ll need to choose the method of application. There are two methods available for Estonian citizens: embassy/consulate application and online application.
To apply for a Vietnam visa from Estonia using the embassy/consulate application method, follow these steps:
- Contact the nearest Vietnamese embassy or consulate in Estonia to inquire about their application requirements.
- Prepare the required documents, which may include your passport, two passport-sized photos, and the visa application form.
- Submit your documents to the embassy/consulate, along with the application fee.
- Wait for the embassy/consulate to process your visa application. Processing times vary depending on the embassy/consulate, but it typically takes around five to seven business days.
The online application method is the most convenient way to apply for a Vietnam visa from Estonia. The process is simple and can be completed from the comfort of your own home. To apply online, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the Vietnamese Immigration Department.
- Fill out the visa application form with your personal information, including your name, date of birth, passport number, and travel dates.
- Pay the visa processing fee using a credit or debit card.
- Wait for the Immigration Department to process your visa application. Processing times typically range from two to three business days.
3. Prepare the Required Documents
Regardless of the method of application you choose, you’ll need to prepare the required documents. The exact requirements may vary depending on the type of visa you’re applying for and the method of application you choose. Be sure to check the specific requirements before submitting your application.
Typically, you’ll need the following documents:
- Passport: Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the date of entry into Vietnam.
- Visa application form: You’ll need to fill out the visa application form with your personal information.
- Two passport-sized photos: The photos should be recent and in color.
- Visa approval letter (for online applications only): This document will be emailed to you once your visa application has been approved.
4. Submit Your Application and Wait for Approval
Once you’ve prepared all the required documents, it’s time to submit your application. If you’ve chosen the embassy/consulate application method, you’ll need to submit your documents to the embassy/consulate and wait for them to process your application.
If you’ve chosen the online application method, you’ll receive a visa approval letter via email once your application has been approved. Print out the letter and bring it with you when you travel to Vietnam. You’ll need to present it to the immigration officer upon arrival in Vietnam, along with your passport and other required documents.
If you’re planning to stay in Vietnam for longer than the validity of your visa, you can apply for a visa extension. The process is simple and can be done at any Vietnamese immigration office. Be sure to apply for an extension before your current visa expires to avoid overstaying your visa.
Obtaining a Vietnam visa from Estonia may seem like a complicated process, but it doesn’t have to be. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can obtain your visa easily and hassle-free. Regardless of whether you choose the embassy/consulate application method or online application method, be sure to prepare all the required documents and follow the instructions carefully.
Q1. Do I need a visa to visit Vietnam as an Estonian citizen?
Yes, Estonian citizens need a visa to visit Vietnam.
Q2. How long does it take to process a Vietnam visa application?
Processing times vary depending on the method of application and the embassy/consulate. Typically, embassy/consulate applications take around five to seven business days, while online applications take two to three business days.
Q3. Can I apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival?
No, Estonian citizens cannot apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival. You must obtain a visa before arriving in Vietnam.
Q4. How long is a Vietnam tourist visa valid for?
A Vietnamese tourist visa is typically valid for single or multiple entries and is valid for up to three months.
Q5. Can I extend my Vietnam visa if I decide to stay longer?
Yes, you can apply for a visa extension at any Vietnamese immigration office if you decide to stay in Vietnam for longer than the validity of your visa. Be sure to apply for an extension before your current visa expires to avoid overstaying your visa.