If you’re planning to visit Vietnam from Angola, you need to obtain a visa to enter the country. Fortunately, getting a Vietnam visa from Angola is a straightforward process. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps you need to take to get your Vietnam visa from Angola.
Who Needs a Vietnam Visa?
Foreigners who wish to visit Vietnam are required to have a visa unless they come from one of the countries that are exempted from visa requirements for a certain period. Angola is not among these exempted countries.
Therefore, if you’re an Angolan citizen or a foreigner residing in Angola, you need to obtain a visa before traveling to Vietnam.
What Types of Vietnam Visas Can You Apply for from Angola?
There are several types of Vietnam visas available depending on the purpose of your visit. The most common types of visas are:
- Tourist visa (valid for 1 month or 3 months)
- Business visa (valid for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, or 1 year)
- Transit visa (valid for up to 5 days)
When Should You Apply for Your Vietnam Visa?
The ideal time to apply for your Vietnam visa is at least 2 weeks before your planned departure date. This will give the embassy enough time to process your application and issue your visa.
However, if you need your visa urgently, you can opt for the expedited processing service which takes only 1-2 business days.
How to Apply for a Vietnam Visa from Angola
You can apply for your Vietnam visa in two ways:
1. Apply for a Vietnam visa online (e-visa)
To apply for a Vietnam e-visa, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the Vietnam Immigration Department.
- Fill out the application form with your personal information and travel details.
- Upload a scanned copy of your passport’s bio page and a passport-sized photo.
- Pay the visa fee online using a credit card or PayPal.
- Receive your e-visa via email within 3 business days.
Note that e-visas are only applicable for certain nationalities, including Angola. Check the Vietnam Immigration Department’s website to see if you’re eligible to apply for an e-visa.
2. Apply for a Vietnam visa at the embassy
To apply for a Vietnam visa at the embassy, follow these steps:
- Visit the Vietnamese embassy in Angola or the nearest embassy in a neighboring country.
- Fill out the visa application form and attach a passport-sized photo.
- Provide your passport and pay the visa fee in cash.
- Wait for 3-5 business days to receive your visa.
Pros and Cons of Applying for a Vietnam Visa Online vs. at the Embassy
Here are the advantages and disadvantages of applying for a Vietnam visa online and at the embassy:
Applying for a Vietnam Visa Online (E-Visa)
- Convenient and time-saving
- No need to visit the embassy or send your passport by mail
- Lower visa fee compared to the embassy
- Faster processing time (3 business days)
- Only applicable for certain nationalities
- Limited visa types available
- Cannot be used for entry/exit through all ports
Applying for a Vietnam Visa at the Embassy
- Can apply for all types of visas
- Can process urgent visa applications
- Can provide assistance and answer questions in person
- Time-consuming and requires a visit to the embassy
- Visa fee is higher compared to online application
- Additional costs for postage and transportation if applying by mail
Alternatives to Getting a Vietnam Visa from Angola
If you find the process of getting a Vietnam visa from Angola too complicated or time-consuming, you can consider the following alternatives:
1. Visa on Arrival (VOA)
Visa on arrival is an option for travelers who don’t have enough time to obtain a visa before departure or don’t want to send their passport by mail. With VOA, you can apply online through a travel agency and receive your visa upon arrival at the airport in Vietnam.
Note that VOA is only applicable for air travelers and not all ports of entry/exit offer this service.
2. Visa Exemption
If you’re traveling to Vietnam for a short period (less than 15 days), you may be eligible for visa exemption if you come from one of the countries that have a bilateral agreement with Vietnam. Check the Vietnam Immigration Department’s website to see if your country is eligible.
Tips for Getting a Vietnam Visa from Angola
- Make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months beyond your planned stay in Vietnam.
- Apply for your visa well in advance to avoid any last-minute complications.
- Double-check your application form and supporting documents before submission to avoid mistakes or omissions.
- If you’re applying for a visa at the embassy, call or email ahead to confirm the required documents and visa fee.
- Keep your visa approval letter safe and present it upon arrival in Vietnam along with your passport to get your visa stamped.
- Be aware of scams and only apply for visas through official channels.
The Best Way to Get a Vietnam Visa from Angola
The best way to get a Vietnam visa from Angola depends on your individual circumstances. If you’re eligible for an e-visa and have enough time before your trip, this option is convenient and cost-effective. However, if you need to apply for a different type of visa or require urgent processing, visiting the embassy may be the better option.
Consider your travel plans and budget when deciding which option to choose.
Obtaining a Vietnam visa from Angola is not difficult, but it’s important to follow the correct procedures and allow sufficient time for application processing. Whether you choose to apply online or visit the embassy, make sure to check the requirements beforehand and prepare all necessary documents.
By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can obtain your Vietnam visa hassle-free and enjoy your trip to Vietnam.
- Can Angolan citizens apply for a Vietnam e-visa? Yes, Angolan citizens are eligible to apply for a Vietnam e-visa.
- What is the validity period of a tourist visa to Vietnam? Tourist visas to Vietnam can be valid for 1 month or 3 months.
- Can I apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival if I’m traveling by land? No, visa on arrival is only applicable for air travelers arriving at certain airports in Vietnam.
- How long does it take to process a Vietnam visa application at the embassy? It typically takes 3-5 business days to process a Vietnam visa application at the embassy.
- Can I extend my Vietnam visa while in the country? Yes, it’s possible to extend your visa while in Vietnam through a travel agent or the immigration office.