Please note that the information for Embassy of Vietnam in Sri Lanka may not be up-to-date. If you find any error or have any additional information, kindly contact us to update.
- Add: 30/5, Ward Place, Colombo 7, Sri Lanka
- Tel: +94-11-2696050
- Fax: +94-11-2692040
- Email: email@example.com
Embassy of Vietnam in Sri Lanka – General
There are 2 ways for travelers to apply Vietnam visa in Sri Lanka:
There are two primary methods for travelers in Sri Lanka to apply for a Vietnam visa: the traditional method of approaching the Embassy or Consulate of Vietnam and the online visa application process.
1. Embassy or Consulate Application: Travelers in Sri Lanka who prefer the traditional route can directly visit the Embassy or Consulate of Vietnam to apply for their visa. Here’s an overview of the steps involved:
- Gather Required Documents: Applicants need to collect the necessary documents, including a completed visa application form (available at the embassy/consulate or downloadable from their official website), a valid passport with a minimum validity of six months beyond the intended arrival date in Vietnam, passport-sized photographs, and any additional supporting documents as required.
- Complete the Application Form: Fill out the visa application form accurately and legibly with all the required details such as personal information, purpose of travel, duration of stay, etc. Make sure to double-check the information before submission.
- Submit the Application: Visit the Embassy or Consulate during their working hours and submit the completed application form along with the supporting documents. The officials will verify the documents and may ask for additional information if necessary.
- Pay the Visa Fee: Pay the applicable visa fee as specified by the Embassy or Consulate. Payment options and accepted currencies may vary, so it’s advisable to inquire beforehand or carry the correct currency.
- Wait for Processing: The Embassy or Consulate will process the visa application, which usually takes a few business days. It’s recommended to apply well in advance to avoid any last-minute delays.
- Collect the Visa: Once the visa is approved, applicants can collect their passports with the visa stamp from the Embassy or Consulate. It’s essential to check the visa details and validity dates for accuracy before departure.
2. Online Visa Application: To streamline the visa application process, Vietnam also offers an online visa application system known as the Vietnam e-Visa. Here’s an outline of the steps involved:
- Access the Official Website: Visit the official website designated for Vietnam e-Visa applications. It’s crucial to ensure that you are using the official website, as there may be unauthorized platforms claiming to offer e-Visas.
- Fill out the Application Form: Start by providing all the required information on the online application form. This typically includes personal details, passport information, travel dates, and purpose of visit.
- Upload Supporting Documents: Upload scanned copies of your passport’s bio page (with at least six months of validity remaining), a recent passport-sized photograph, and any other supporting documents as specified by the application requirements.
- Pay the Visa Processing Fee: Make the payment for the e-Visa processing fee through the available online payment options. Ensure that you are using a secure payment gateway and follow the instructions provided on the website.
- Submit the Application: Double-check all the entered information and submit the online application. Once submitted, further modifications might not be possible, so review the details carefully.
- Wait for Approval: The immigration authorities in Vietnam will process the e-Visa application, which usually takes a few business days. Applicants can check the status of their application on the official website using the provided reference number.
- Receive the e-Visa: Upon approval, the applicant will receive the e-Visa document via email. It’s important to print out a physical copy of the e-Visa, as it needs to be presented upon arrival in Vietnam.
Both methods mentioned above allow travelers in Sri Lanka to apply for a Vietnam visa conveniently. However, it is recommended to check the latest requirements and procedures by contacting the Embassy or Consulate of Vietnam or referring to the official website for the most up-to-date and accurate information before commencing the visa application process.