Best Entertainment Night in Hue gaining its reputation as a peaceful and ancient city in Vietnam, Hue is an ideal tourist attraction for culture vultures. However, when the sun sets, this imperial city takes off its serene ambiance and turns more bustling and splendid. If you are wondering where to go to experience the best entertainment night in Hue, follow us to these most popular destinations to visit and things to do at night in Hue.
Once possessed by the sweet flavour of Hue cake, which used to be very popular in the former capital, a local resident has created a traditional entertainment program of song and dance which features a tea ceremony based around the traditional Hue cake.
A group of artists performed ca Hue, a form of Hue royal court music and the softly sung melodies with the accompanying 16-chord zither and a flute evoked the past glory of old Hue.
“I chose ca Hue, a distinctive entertainment performed on boats,” Bao said.
Songs ended as the second tea came around, this time served with the Hue cake, a dried sticky-rice powder caste in square shapes with printed flowers or letters on top. It is only found in Hue and few people can make it.
1. Chill out at the Western Area in Hue
- Address: 29 Chu Van An, Phu Hoi, Hue City
- Opening hour: 18:00 PM 2:00 AM (from Friday to Sunday)
Located right on three major roads in the city center, including Pham Ngu Lao, Chu Van An and Vo Thi Sau Street, the Western area is a highlight among Hue nightlife spots. This recreational zone has come into operation since the evening of September 29th, 2018, changing the thinking that Hue is a city of early bedtime.
With a total length of about 1 km, the Western area offers visitors various cultural experiences, yummy specialties as well as lively entertainment. Here you can find rows of stalls that display interesting items. It is wonderful to purchase some souvenirs, have intimate friend meetings or drink some beer while enjoying the music.
Recommendations for dining and pubbing places at the Western area:
► DMZ Bar
- Address: 60 Le Loi, Phu Hoi, Hue City
- Opening hour: 7:00 AM 2:30 AM
- Price range: 12,000 200,000 VND
► Brown Eyes Bar
- Address: 56 Chu Van An, Phu Hoi, Hue City
- Opening hour: 17:00 PM 3:00 AM
- Price range: 200,000 500,000 VND
► Ta Vet Coffee & Pub
- Address: 11 Vo Thi Sau, Phu Hoi, Hue City
- Opening hour: 6:30 AM 23:30 PM
- Price range: 30,000 150,000 VND
► Taboo Pub
- Address:16 Vo Thi Sau, Phu Hoi, Hue City
- Opening hour: 7:00 AM 23:00 PM
- Price range:12,000 150,000 VND
► Gecko Pub Restaurant
- Address: 9 Pham Ngu Lao, Phu Hoi, Hue City
- Opening hour: 7:00 AM 22:00 PM
- Price range: 15,000 200,000 VND
► Golden Rice Restaurant
- Address: 40 Pham Ngu Lao, Phu Hoi, Hue City
- Opening hour: 8:00 AM 23:30 PM
- Price range: 50,000 300,000 VND
2. Hang out at Nguyen Dinh Chieu Walking Street
- Address: Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Vinh Ninh, Hue City
- Opening hour: 24/24 daily
If Hanoi is famous for Hoan Kiem Lake Walking Street, Hue also makes its name with Nguyen Dinh Chieu Walking Street. Located at the heart of the city, along the riverside of Perfume River, Nguyen Dinh Chieu Walking Street is considered the most vibrant nightlife venue in Hue.
As a pedestrian street, Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street has an extensive range of amusement activities. Apart from going jaunting along the Perfume River, visitors can try Hue delicacies such as Hue water fern cakes, Hue lemongrass skewers, Hue lotus seed sweet soup or Hue beef noodle soup.
In a few days a week, youngsters will hold music shows with acoustic and street dance performances that attract a large number of students in the area. Plus flash mobs or street painting events, this walking street never lacks excitement all days and nights.
Dining destinations near Nguyen Dinh Chieu Walking Street:
► Burger Shack Hue Leu Hamburgers
- Address: 3 Kiet, 10 Vo Thi Sau, Phu Hoi, Hue City
- Opening hour: 10:00 AM 22:00 PM
- Price range: 10,000 200,000 VND
► Ba Hoa Restaurant
- Address: 11A Truong Dinh, Vinh Ninh, Hue City
- Opening hour: 6:00 AM 20:00 PM
- Price range: 15,000 40,000 VND
► Underline Coffee Shop & Restaurant
- Address: 42 Truong Dinh, Phu Hoi, Hue City
- Opening hour: 7:00 AM 22:00 PM
- Price range: 15,000 170,000 VND
3. Stroll on Ironwood Bridge
If Truong Tien Bridge is the soul of Hue City, witnessing the ups and downs of history, Ironwood Bridge is considered a remarkable achievement to which many people have made efforts and sacrifices.
The Ironwood Bridge is located at the foot of two well-known bridges: Truong Tien Bridge and Phu Xuan Bridge. With a total area of 2443 square meters, 400m in length and 4m in width, this bridge has become a prominent check-in spot for pedestrians. Standing on the deck, tourists can grasp an enchanting view of the Perfume River at night.
4. Wander at Diem Phung Thi Art Museum
- Address: 17 Le Loi, Phu Hoi, Hue City
- Opening hour: 8:00 AM 17:00 PM
Diem Phung Thi Art Museum is located at a white French villa at 17 Le Loi in remembrance of a well-known sculptor Madam Diem Phung Thi. While the entire space inside this two-story building has been renovated, the exterior is featured by a garden, in harmony with the surrounding landscapes.
When visiting the sculpture garden, you can witness mysterious statues assembled from 7 modules. Those modules symbolize 5 basic elements in nature (water, wood, metal, fire and earth) conveying abstract meaning. With those valuable cultural assets, this art exhibition house has become an old-but-gold location that you should not ignore in your nightlife excursion in Hue.
5. Listen to Hue Folk Songs on Perfume River
Recognized as the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO, Hue folk singing is one of must-have experiences and things to do for first-time visitors to Hue. To enjoy this special type of culture, you need to buy tickets at the wharf near Truong Tien Bridge (100,000 VND/person for Vietnamese visitors and 150,000 VND/person for foreigners). After that, you can get on a dragon boat and immerse yourself in sweet melodies of Hue traditional songs.